FRANCISCO VILLAO BLOGGER

Bienvenidos a mi blogger en donde podras encontrar toda la informacion referente a ingles

domingo, 24 de junio de 2012

DIRECT & INDIRECT QUESTIONS


DIRECT & INDIRECT QUESTIONS
Rewrite these sentences, beginning them with the words in the brackets

Example:   How do you cook fish?    (Do you know)   :     Do you know how to cook fish?

1. Which television set shall we buy?                      (Tell us)________________________
 2. How do you fill out these forms?                        (Let's find out)___________________
 3. Which road do we take to reach her house?     (Can you tell us)___________________
 4. Where will they plant these coconuts trees?        (They don't know)__________________
 5. What shall we do about her frequent illnesses?    (We want to know)_________________
 6. How does she use the computer?                (Teach me)__________________
 7. Which girl shall I hire for the job?               (I don't know)_________________
 8. Where will they stay in Paris?                 (Do they know)________________
 9. Whose book should she borrow for the lesson?    (Tell her)_______________________
 10. How do we repair this washing-machine?        (Please explain to us)_______________
 11. What shall I write in my letter to my pen-pal?     (I can't decide)_____________________
 12. Which dress should she lend her for the occasion?   (She wants to know)_______________
 13. When will they come to the hall for the meeting?       (Tell them)__________________________
 14. How will they dissect the frog?                    (Explain to them)____________________
 15. Where will he hold the farewell party?         (He hasn't decided)__________________
 16. Which chapter should she teach today?       (She asked me)____________________
17.- What do you do?" -                 She wondered  .  ______________
18.- "Do you want it?" -           Joe asked me  .  ________________
19.- "Where did you live?" -        He wanted to know  .  _____________
 20.- "Park your car behind the house, please."He asked me  .  ___________________

EXERCISE   No. 2
Choose the correct option

1.- "Excuse me.               How do you get to the post office from here?"
"Could you tell us _______________________ ?"

A  to get to the post office        B  how to get to the post office     C  how do you get to the post office

2.   "What are you doing?!"       "Do you have any idea ___________ ?!"

 A   what you are doing                                B   what are you doing                                C   what you do

3.   "Does Susana like classical music?"               "I can't remember if _____________ ."

A   classical music Susana likes    B   Susana likes classical music C   does Susana like classical music

4.   "How long does it take to get there?"          "Do you know ______________ ?"

A   how long it take to get there      B   how many time does it take to get there  C   how long it takes to get there

5.   "Where's the station?"        "Can you tell me ____________ ?"

A   where be the station              B   where the station is                                C   where is the station

6.   "Are you coming to the party?"        "Can you let me know if _________________ ?"

A   are you coming to the party                       B   you are coming to the party          C   to come to the party


7.   "What time are you leaving?"          "Do you know _________ ?"
 
A   what hour are you leaving                    B   what time are you leaving     C   what time you are leaving

8.   "Could you take me to the airport?"     "Is there any chance ____________ ?"

A   you could take me to the airport       B   that you take me to the airport C   could you take me to the airport .

9.   "Where are you from?"                      "I'd like to know _______________________ ."
 A   where're you from                                          B   where you are from                         C   where are you from

10.   "Has she reached a decision yet?"              "Has she told you if ________________ ?"

 A   have made a decision yet                        B   has she made a decision yet                           C    she's made a decision yet

11.   "Does Annie know about computers?"                "I wonder whether _______________ ."

A   Annie know about computers           B   does Annie know about computers                 C   Annie knows about computers

12.   "Could you lend me 50 Euros?"                 "Is there any chance ________________ ?"

 A   could you borrow me 50 Euros                   B   you could lend me 50 Euros                        C   you lend me 50 Euros


13.   "How does it work?"          "Can you explain ______________ ?"
               
A   how it works                            B   how can it work                         C   how it work

14.   "What's the the matter?"      Please tell me ___________________ ."

 A   what is the matter                          B   what's the matter            C   what the matter is



INDIRECT QUESTIONS QUIZ
                   Total :______
Name: _____________                 Course: 1st Baccalaureate _”__”      Score:_____
Date: ____________
Choose the correct indirect question to be used as a more polite way to form the original question. There is only one correct answer.
Q1: Where do you live?
Do you know where do you live? .    Could you tell me where you live?       Pardon me, I wonder if you live here

Q2: How often do you visit your parents?
Would you mind telling me how often you visit your parents?       I wonder how often do you visit your parents. I wonder if you visit your parents

Q3 : When was the building constructed?
 I wonder when the building was constructed.                    Could you tell me when was the building constructed?                   
    Do you    know if the building was constructed?


Q4: Is there a bank near here?
Could you tell me where the bank is near here?               I wonder where is the bank.               Excuse me, do you know if there is a bank     near here?

Q5: When did you move here?
I wonder when you did move here.  Could you tell me when you moved here?   Would you mind telling me if you moved here?

Q6: What time is it?
Pardon me, what time it is?                  Pardon me, could you tell me what time it is?                Would you mind telling me what the time it is?               

Q7: How old is John?
I have no idea how old is John.               Do you know when John born was?                 I wonder how old John is.
Q8: What would you like to drink?
I wonder what you would like to drink.     Do you know if you would like to drink?   Do you know what would you like to drink?
Q9: Why do I have to arrive so early?
I wonder why I have to arrive so early.  I have no idea why have I to arrive so early.  I don't know why I do have to arrive early.
 Q10: What will he need?
Do you know what will he need?   I have no idea what he will need.  Could you tell me what he need?

 Q11: Are you married?
Excuse me, you are married?  Could you tell me if you are married?    I don't know if you are married.

 Q12: Where can I find a good restaurant?
I wonder where I can find a good restaurant.                    Do you know if I can find a good restaurant? 
I was wondering if you did find a good restaurant.

 Q13: When does the meeting begin?
Do you know when does the meeting begin?            Do you have any idea when the meeting begins? 
 Can you tell me when begins the meeting?

Q14: Does he allow the students to take breaks?
Do you know if he allows the students to take breaks?        I don't know when he allows students to take breaks.
 Q15: How much does the ticket cost?
Could you tell me how much the ticket costs?                     I have no idea if the ticket costs much.  
 Would you mind telling me how much does the ticket cost?

Q16 : How much time do you spend watching TV?
Could you tell me how much time are you watching TV?   Do you know how much time you do spend watching TV?I wonder how much time you spend watching TV.  

Q17: Which football team do you support?
Would you mind telling me which football team you support?              I wonder which football team you supports.Can you tell me which football team you do support?          
               
Q18: Does Jack often gamble?
Do you happen to know if Jack often gambles?                 I have no idea if Jack does gamble. 
 Could you tell me when Jack gambles?

Q19 : Where can I find a good restaurant?
I wonder where I can find a good restaurant.                  Do you know if I can find a good restaurant? 
 I was wondering if you did find a good restaurant.

Q20:: What kind of car do you drive?
I was wondering what kind of car you drive.                      Do you know what kind of car do you drive?
 I don't know if you drive a car.

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites