FRANCISCO VILLAO BLOGGER

Bienvenidos a mi blogger en donde podras encontrar toda la informacion referente a ingles

domingo, 24 de junio de 2012

PAST PROGRESSIVE


PAST  PROGRESSIVE
Complete  the  story
 l Had A Dream
Once I dreamed about a beautiful house with cathedral windows.I  (SIT)  __________on the *couch with a faceless boy and we (READ) ________________ the Sunday paper and hanging together. I had a dream that I  (GET)   _______________ married to Leonardo Di Caprio, but unfortunately it has not proven to be prophetic. yet. I had a dream about soldiers in Kuwait.  They (DIE)___________    out in the desert. It was very vivid. I had a dream the other day that my husband and I  (GO)  ___________  to have a new baby.When I was 9 or so, I dreamed that my mum and dad (FIGHT)  __________, then they divorced. Later my mother (SHOUT )  __________  at me. I paused the fight because the phone  (RING)  ___________  . Fortunately I woke up and was happy that it was not true.  I had a strange dream the other night. I(  CLEAN)  _____________   an office and found a printed e-mail message in the *recycling bin. It (WRITE)   ________  in French and I was very surprised because I could understand everything. When I woke up I wanted to study French.

A Dialog
Fill in the blanks with the simple past or past continuous form of the verbs.
A: Hi, Mary. I ________________ (see/neg.) you at school last Monday.
B: Hello, Bob. I __________ (come/neg.) on Monday. I wasn't ________ (feel) well,   so I  __________ (decide) to go to the doctor.
A: Oh! was  it serious?
B: No, the doctor __________ (examine) me and ________ (tell) me I   had  the flu.
He __________ (prescribe) some medicine and   told  me to go home and rest.
A: _________ you __________ (stay) home all day last Monday?
B: No, only in the morning. I __________ (have) to work in the afternoon, and guess what?
A: What?
B: When a friend ________ (drive) me home, he ________ (crash) his car. He __________ (see/neg.) the red light.
A:   Did  anyone  get  hurt?
B:  Thank God, nobody __________ (do).
A: I'm happy to hear that. Well, Mary, I have to rush now. While I ___________ (listen) to
your story, I _________ (remember) that my wife __________ (ask) me to go to the   mechanic to get our car. See you later. Take care.
B: You too. Bye.
Put the verbs into the correct tense (Simple Past or Past Progressive).

1.- I (jog) ______________ in the park, when two squirrels (cross) _________________ my way.
2.- obert (fall) ______________ off the ladder when he (pick)_______________ cherries.
3.- Archimedes (discover)______________________  the theory of buoyancy while he (take_______________ a bath.
4.- When we (travel)_________________  around Ireland, we (meet)________________ somevery nice people.
5.- While she (speak)________________  on the phone, the milk (boil) ________________ over.
6.- When I (leave) _________________ the house this morning, the sun (shine) __________ .
7.- Caroline (burn)_________________  her hand when she (iron)_______________  her clothes
8.- As ____________________(cross) the street, he was run over by a car.
9.-  (you, play) _________________football as a boy?
10.- My tooth ._________________ (break) when I _______________(eat) walnuts.
11.-  While I ________________ (read) dad ________________ (mow) the lawn.
12.-  What _____________ (you, do) yesterday around ten?
 13.- She _________________(study) all afternoon.
14.-  (you, work) _____________________when the storm began?
15.- Christopher Columbus ________________(discover) America in 1492.
16.- When I _________________ (leave) school, the sun __________________ (shine).
17.-  Who (you, talk) _____________ to when I ________________ (come) in?
 18.- He ______________ (visit) me whenever he ______________ (need) money.
19.- I _________________ (have) dinner when the phone _________________ (ring).
 20.- While she ______________ (cook) dinner, he ________________(write) a letter.
21.- My grandmother _________________ (play) tennis until she was sixty-nine.

22.- She _______________(wear) a dark coat when she entered.
23.- How often  ________ (you, go) skiing when you were on holidays in Flachau?
24.- What  ____________ (you, do) in the garage last night?, the inspector asked.
25.- I ____________ (clean) my car.

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites